Georgia Download Destination has changed providers from Overdrive to RBDigital, effective February 6th. You will not able to access Overdrive on or after that date. You will need to register with RBDigital at http://flintriverga.rbdigital.com/and download the app on your WIFI enabled device. Currently, Kindle Paperwhites are not compatible with RBDigital.
We are excited about this change. We will have more content, more available copies of popular titles (shorter wait times) better access to several authors with Recorded Books contracts, and the addition of e-magazines. For a pdf of our flier wiith more information, come by the library or download it here.
Here are a few things you need to be aware of:
- e-Books or audiobooks currently checked out on Overdrive will be “lost.” You will need to register and check out those titles with RBDigital. Titles will be available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Holds will reset as of February 6th – holds were not able to be transferred from Overdrive. You will need to place new holds on RBDigital for any items previously on hold on Overdrive. The Hold list for any given title will also reset and be first come, first served. We’re anticipating less holds for popular titles with more copies available.
- RBDigital offers e-magazines, and has back issues of the magazines they carrier – currently about 125 titles. E-magazines will not count toward total check out limit.
- You will not be penalized for early return of items. You are encouraged to return items when you are finished with them.
- You will be able to renew items if there is not a hold
RBDigital is only available on WIFI enabled devices – so patrons with Kindle Paperwhites will not be able to use this. To facilitate this change, we will be raffling off three new Kindle Fire 7’s to Griffin-based patrons. To participate, either come to the library and fill out a raffle ticket, or submit the form below online.
Form rules are as follows:
- One entry per library patron with current, valid PINES library card. Card cannot be expired or have fines in excess of $10.
- Drawing is limited to patrons with a home library of Griffin as of February 6, 2018, or new PINES-Griffin library card holders after that date.
- Patrons may obtain an entry ticket at the Circulation Desk, or enter on-line on this webpage.
- Drawing period begins Tuesday, February 6th and runs through March 6th.
- Winners will be chosen at random from all valid entries. Winners do not have to be present to win. Winners must make arrangements to pick up their Kindles by Friday, March 16th. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the prize. A new entry will be drawn for any item forfeit.