A Chromebook is a laptop that uses the Chrome Operating System, which is like the Google Chrome internet browser on a standard computer. A Chromebook can do anything you would regularly do online, including email, social media, banking, Google Docs, and more. Chromebooks do not have Windows programs and you cannot download or install programs on a Chromebook.
- Do not have food or drinks near the Chromebook.
- Keep the Chromebook stored in its case when not in use.
- Insert the power cord into the Chromebook with care.
- Do not place your Chromebook on a blanket or other soft surface that will block the airflow to the device.
- Do not leave your Chromebook in the car–the high temperature may cause it to malfunction.
- Do not spray cleaners on the Chromebook. Use a soft cloth to gently clean the screen when needed.
This program is partially assisted with funds from the Library Services and Technology Act through the Institute of Museum and Library Services.